Friday, October 3, 2008

Little by little

Little by little is a favorite phrase of many of the teachers at the language institute. I think they know that we, the students, want to know it all now. We want to know all the vocabulary, verb tenses, direct objects, indirect objects, commands and all the language stuff that we just know how to use in our heart language.

I know I'm guilty of getting frustrated with myself especially when I keep getting confused between Portuguese and Spanish. But I have to remember that when I was in Mozambique I was getting Spanish confused with Portuguese. It is nice to know that some of the mistakes I made in Portuguese were because of the Spanish which I knew.

But, little by little, with patience it will all come together. I was reminded that God didn't give me all the language and international exposure that He has just to leave me stranded now. Thank you for your prayers as I continue learning and studying.

No comments: