Friday, October 3, 2008

The exclusive jewelry store

The other day I went to the mall with a friend so she wouldn't have to go by herself. I know big sacrifice right?? haha. At the mall I saw a very nice jewelry store. It was an exclusive store where they have a guard to open the door for you and a salesclerk was there waiting for you. I looked at some of the really pretty items in the window and they didn't have prices on them. I commented to my friend that they would probably laugh if we walked into buy something.

Then I thought how many times have I looked at someone and made an immediate judgment about them? How many times have you done that? I know I'm guilty of doing that. I know God has changed my view of people or things after I've made a quick judgment. After all the people at the jewelry store might think oh those two ladies don't have any money to buy something here. Or they may look at us and think two potential customers. I don't know what they thought because we didn't go into the store. But it did make me think about how I look at people. John 7:24 says do not judge according to appearance but judge with righteous judgment. Of course the final judgment comes from God and God alone.

No comments: