Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's a small world...

I hope I can explain this so that it makes sense to you. About two weeks ago some new students arrived at the language school. They are here for just one month in an intensive Spanish learning program. Today I was talking to two of the ladies. The topic of Africa came up and a mission trip to Ethiopia one of them had taken to work with the literacy program there.

We started talking about Africa because we were talking about rice. Here, most of the time, the rice is cooked in the microwave in a rice cooker. I commented that I was used to Africa and the way the rice is cooked there over the open fire. When I said that then the lady started talking about her trip to Ethiopia.

I was agreeing with her about what she had said about Africa. Then I said I was in Mozambique for three years and that I worked with the literacy program in the Mozambique. As we continued talking we realized that she and I had emailed back and forth while I was in Mozambique and she was in the United States! She had gone to a workshop and I was the contact person listed for the Mozambique literacy program.

We then talked about the literacy program and different people in Mozambique that we knew.

We said what a small world it is....She and I had emailed while I was in Mozambique. Then she comes to Costa Rica for one month of language study and we are at the same school. And we end up talking about Africa. I guess God's world does get smaller and smaller all the time.

No comments: