Tuesday, December 30, 2008

ZIP-LINING!!!







Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better....It was zip-lining time!
The first adventure was getting into the harness we had to wear. It was a maze of belts, hooks and straps. Thankfully, we just had to step in and then our guides took over. We also had leather gloves and helmets to wear.
Our guides gave us a crash course in ziplining- Keep one hand back for braking, lean your head the opposite side, hold on here, keep your legs folded under you, and then the fun started! For the first two "zips", I couldn't stop to enjoy the view because I was just thinking of following all the instructions we were given BUT after those runs, then I was able to enjoy the view while "zipping"!
From the first platform about 68 ft. in the air to a small platform around the next tree, I "zipped" across just totally amazed at the feeling. I guess it's close to flying!
The last platform was the highest, 88 ft. high and across a river to land back where we started. This "zip" was long and fast- just enough to leave me wanting to do it again!
(As a disclaimer, this blog was written by Kim who left Carol on the ground to take pictures!)

No comments: