Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lottie Moon Offering calls

During the Christmas season I had the opportunity to call into two churches for their Lottie Moon emphasis. Lottie Moon Christmas offering is an offering collected once a year at Southern Baptist churches. These funds are used to support missionaries (like myself) on the international field.

I was able to call in during the Sunday morning church services at my church, Stanleyville Baptist, and also at Danbury Baptist Church. It was really neat to be able to call in during the service and share with them how things are going with me. In both places I could picture what the church looked like and some of the people who were there. I remember when I spoke at Danbury Baptist Church in June, they were so interested and excited in my life. Of course the people at my church are always interested in my work and life as well.

Those were special Christmas events for me. Thanks for all of you who made contributions to the Lottie Moon Christmas offering!

No comments: