Friday, February 6, 2009

Who is Jethro?

In class we were playing a Bible game called Who am I? The other person looked at a name and then made up a description of the person and then the other person was to guess who that person is. Well, some were easy such as John the Baptist or Mary. Then the other guy started describing Jethro to me and I couldn't think of who he was talking about. Until he gave me the hint and said think of the show Beverly Hillibillies. Immediately I said Jethro which was the correct answer. The teacher commented you know the TV show better than you know the Bible? I said there are only 4 main characters on the show...Plus I said it was our American minds thinking alike...It was a good challenge to think of things to say in Spanish about the person and to get the name correct in Spanish. For instance James in English is Santiago in Spanish. Actually Jethro is Jetro in Spanish.

No comments: