Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update 1-20-09


Hello friends,

How were your holidays? Mine were good. It was a good time of rest which I greatly needed. Also Kim and I had a good visit together here in Costa Rica. We did a lot of things together while she was here. If you want to see pictures and more info be sure to look on my blogspot. However I do have to tell you about one day. We had gone to the bullfights during the day and we got home around 6 pm. When we got home that evening I put on my pajamas and I said I’m not going anywhere else today, if you want to go somewhere you are on your own. I was tired. Thankfully she was okay with staying home that evening.

Classes have started again. This time I’m taking grammar classes in Spanish and then I’m also doing a different program. It’s a program called FARO in which I will interview and converse with 7 people on a specific route 1 or 2 times a week. Then I’ll write a report on the interviews, complete a project regarding the topic for the week and meet one on one with the teacher for evaluation. This week, I am working on getting the route together. I have some ideas of people I just need to talk to them and solidify the route. I think it will be good for me to get out and talk to different people and hear the different accents of people. Topics I’ve selected include food, tourism, education, culture, sayings of the Costa Rican people, birthdays and other topics like that.

A praise is that I have found a church which I enjoy attending. It’s a neat story about how I found it. I’ll try to make it concise for you. As most of you know mom works at Baptist Hospital. She knows a Costa Rican guy who also works there. In the midst of a conversation with him, he commented that his brother is a pastor in San Jose, Costa Rica. She got the information about the church here where is pastor. During Christmas, Kim and I were able to visit the church with another missionary. Since then that is where I have been going each week. I enjoy it and the people are really nice.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support. I would just ask for your continued prayers in the language learning process and for the Costa Rican family that I live with…Blessings, Carol

No comments: