Monday, April 11, 2011

Today...

Today started out interesting when I left to go to Bible study at Union Church. I left at the usual time 915 am.  I got on the main road and went for maybe half a mile and then traffic slowed down.  Then I went a little more and traffic was almost completely stopped.  It was then stop and go traffic.  It took me 40 minutes to go a distance that usually takes about 5 minutes.  There was a protest of teachers which was stopping traffic.   I finally got to a place where i could turn and come back home.  So an hour later I had left my house, made a large circle and returned home.  I didn't make it to Bible study.  But on a good note I went to the gym when I returned home.  That was a good thing because I wasn't sure when I would be able to go today.

After the gym I came home took a quick shower and left to go to the Thursday midday service at Union Church.  It was amazing because on the main road the traffic was moving like nothing had happened earlier that morning.  The man who leads the Thursday service does a good job of sharing his personal experiences to go along with the devotion which he gives.  After the service I went up to him and told him that i appreciate hearing his personal stories and I like how he includes those.  We talked a few minutes about that makes it personal and all.  Then he said what is your ministry here?  I told him about the upper class university ministry and how they are the forgotten group.  I told him about the Oklahoma team which had recently come and how we used sports ministry to reach the students.  As it turns out he is a consultant/advisor for the national sports committee of Guatemala, he has contacts with the Olympic committee here, he is writing a curriculum which will be used in sports ministry which will include a spiritual dimension.  He played on the national volleyball team.  He has coached volleyball.  He has alot of sports connections and is concerned about the lack of extra circular activities in the schools for students.  He also used to teach at Marroquin University, a upper class university. 

It was really neat to talk to him bc several people had told me that i need to talk to him because of his Marroquin connection.  But I hadn't really had or taken advantage of the opportunity until now.  As he said it wasn't a coincidence that we talked today, it was what I call a God incidence..

He also wants to start a coaches clinic where coaches can be trained.  He said he thought i could help with that with my connections in the states....

When I left I thought God did it again, made the connection when I least expected it.

After that I went to the cellphone place and took care of an item that I had been putting off.  It only took an hour and half which I didn't think was that bad..

Then I stopped and got key copies made.  I haven't had good success with having copies made.  I would have them made and then get home and they didn't work.  Well today I went to the right place.  It was interesting bc it was a place that I noticed this morning when i was sitting in traffic, I hadn't noticed it before. I went and in 3 minutes the girl had made the copies. I came home and they worked. I was so excited. I know that doesn't sound like much but after I had had not had good success before, I was very happy.

No comments: